Jerked Redskin Potatoes
- 3 pounds Idaho® Red Potatoes, halved or cut in 2-inch chunks
- Vegetable or olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (12 oz.) Jerk Sauce (recipe below), divided
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Jerk Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 15 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 ounces habanero chiles, about 4, seeded and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger, about 2-inch piece, peeled
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F. Coat potatoes lightly with oil and spread on a sheet pan. Roast until tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Hold until ready to serve.
- Per order: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté about 2 cups potatoes (1/6th of the roasted potatoes) with a drizzle of oil just until potatoes are golden brown and heated through.
- Add 1/4 cup (2 oz.) prepared Jerk Sauce. Sauté about 1 minute, moving pan or stirring while sauce thickens and coats potatoes. Serve hot garnished with green onions.
Jerk Sauce Directions
1. Whirl all ingredients in a blender or processor until smooth. Keep refrigerated.