Skillet Potato Salad with Bacon and Arugula
This Skillet Potato Salad with Bacon and Arugula recipe is served warm with a sweet and tangy vinegar-based dressing. It's similar to German potato salad, Paleo and gluten-free, and the perfect side dish all year round.
Read Elizabeth's entire post here.
- 2 russet Idaho® potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups packed baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- Boil the potatoes in salted water in a medium-sized pot until you can easily pierce them with a fork (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a cast iron (or other heavy) skillet until crispy over medium-high heat (about 7-8 minutes).
- Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Chop when cool.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion in the bacon grease until softened and browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add the vinegar to the skillet, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the mustard, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- One the potatoes have finished, drain them in a colander, and add them to the skillet. Stir to coat in the onion and dressing mixture.
- Add the arugula and parsley and stir. The heat from the potatoes will wilt the arugula a bit. Serve warm.
Time Saving Tip: Prep the potatoes a day or two before and keep them stored covered in cold water in a medium-sized pot in your fridge. When you are ready to make this, you can just transfer the pot to your stovetop and begin!