Roasted Honey Mustard Idaho® Potatoes With Fresh Sage
- 10 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled, minced
- ½ medium white onion, peeled, diced
- ½ medium red onion, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Optional: ½ cup finely shredded smoked Gouda cheese, 6 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease 9X13 baking dish using unsalted butter.
- In medium bowl, add Dijon mustard, honey, smoked paprika and ground sage. Add diced white and red onions and mince garlic. Whisk in olive oil to combine. Set aside.
- Scrub potatoes clean under cold running water.
- Cut potatoes in half three times. First, lengthwise. Then, placing flat side against cutting board, cut potatoes in half again lengthwise. Finally, cut potatoes in half across center so you are left with 3 sides that form a triangle wedge in the middle.
- Immediately add cut potatoes to any large saucepan or stockpot which has two sturdy side handles. Cover potatoes completely in cold water, add salt.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain potatoes into a colander, removing all the water from the pan. Shake water from potatoes and return them to dry pan.
- Pour honey, mustard, spice, onion, garlic and olive oil mixture over potatoes. Return lid to pot and grabbing handles, place thumbs over lid edges to secure. Shake potatoes up and down and side to side to coat. Continue shaking potatoes vigorously for 1 minute. The resulting shaggy edges will crisp up nicely during roasting.
- Pour potatoes into prepared baking dish. Scrape pot clean with rubber spatula and pour remaining sauce over potatoes.
- Roast, tossing with spatula every 20 minutes until potatoes are golden brown with crisp edges and fork-tender on the inside, about 45-55 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and garnish with chopped fresh Sage and/or finely shredded smoked Gouda cheese (optional). Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 Servings