- 2 Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, medium julienned with a mandolin
- as needed rice bran oil for frying
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tiger prawns, peeled, deveined, shelled and split
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more as needed
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Wash potatoes with cold water to get all the starch out. When the water is clear, drain and air-dry for 5 minutes.
- In a fryer with oil at 350°F, slowly add the potatoes and cook until they are golden brown and crispy. Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, have your oven set at 300°F to warm up your serving plate. Whisk egg yolks and set them aside until the plate is hot to the touch. Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt and some pepper. Warm up a sauté pan and add olive oil, shrimp, shallots and garlic. Sauté for a minute and a half, or until garlic and shallots have a little color. Deglaze with white wine and add butter, stirring until well incorporated. Season with chives, parsley and salt.
- By then the plate should be warm and ready to use. Place egg yolks on plate in a small puddle, then add a pile of crispy potatoes. Position shrimp around the plate and slowly drizzle the garlic-butter sauce on top of potatoes.