- Cook potato cubes in water with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, until fork-tender. Drain.
- Mash in pan. Set aside. Place flaked salmon in a medium bowl. Add the mashed potato, 1-1/2 tablespoons chives, lemon zest (except 1 teaspoon), lemon juice, ginger, and beaten egg, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Shape into 16 small burgers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Sauté 8 burgers on both sides until lightly brown.
- Remove to plate. Repeat with remaining 8 burgers.
- In a small bowl, mix creamy garnish ingredients. Refrigerate until needed.
For Idaho® Potato Crisps:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Thinly slice potatoes (about 1/4 inch), about 32 slices. (Extra slices are great for munching.) Rinse potato slices. Dry on paper towels.
- Place in a ziplock bag and toss with olive oil. Place potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and place a second baking sheet on top to weigh down the slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove top baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on top shelf of oven and bake another 10-12 minutes, turning potato slices over after 6 minutes. Potato crisps will be golden brown.
To Assemble and Serve:
- Place 1 burger on each potato crisp.
- Pipe a small amount of the creamy garnish on each.
- Serve on a platter scattered with chives.