Roasted Roots and Chicken Power Bowl with Maple Aioli
To not love a root veggie, is to not have ever enjoyed it roasted properly. The sugars and flavors come out in this super simple bowl loaded with the best of the season! Roast everything together and toss with sautéed kale for a seriously good for you meal!
- 4 russet Idaho® potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 carrots
- 1 turnip, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup butternut squash, chopped and peeled
- 2 beets, rinsed, peeled, cut in half and then cut into wedges
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, removed from stem
- 3 cups Swiss chard, removed from stem and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
For the Maple Aioli
- 3 tablespoons fresh mayo
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Toss all of the vegetables in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with thyme. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden and fork tender, flipping once, halfway through.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Sauté the Swiss chard with the chopped garlic, until wilted, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Whisk the mayo with the maple syrup and cinnamon until combined. Spoon into a serving dish.
Divide the chard evenly in serving bowls. Top with the roasted vegetables and chopped rotisserie chicken. Serve with the maple aioli on the side for dipping.