Tex-Mex Idaho® Potato and Beef Burritos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large Idaho® baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 8 tortillas (8" size)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet or cast iron pan and cook on medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the diced onion, salt, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and black pepper and continue cooking and stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the black beans, tomato sauce and cilantro, or parsley, and continue cooking on medium-low heat for an additional 5 minutes. Remove the mixture to a separate dish.
- Add the olive oil and potatoes to the pan and cook, stirring often, until softened and lightly brown. Season with salt to taste.
- Assemble the burritos by adding an equal amount of the beef and bean mixture to the middle of each tortilla. Top with cheese, potatoes and the diced tomatoes. Roll up and either serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- To heat up the leftover burritos, brush the outside with olive oil and heat for 10 to 15 minutes in a 400°F oven.