Roasted Fingerling, Green Bean & Feta Salad with Lemon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 16 ounces haricots verts green beans
- 1 ½ pounds Idaho® fingerling potatoes, sliced into cubes
- 6 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons good quality white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Snap stem end off green beans, wash and pat dry. Place beans in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Wash fingerling potatoes and pat dry. Slice into cubes and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread potatoes out onto a greased roasting pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Stir potatoes and add green beans to the pan. Roast for 20 more minutes until beans are crisp and tender and potatoes are lightly golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat and add shallots and garlic. Cook until shallots are translucent and soft, about 3-4 minutes. Pour shallots and garlic into a bowl and add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, Dijon and honey. Whisk mixture until well blended.
- Place green beans and potatoes into a serving bowl and pour dressing mixture on top. Toss to coat and top with feta cheese. Serve room temperature.