Pot Luck Pork Chop and Idaho® Potato Casserole
- 2 cans (10 3/4-ounces each) 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium (6 - 9 ounces each) Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 pork loin chops (about 2 1/2-pounds), about 1-inch thick
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed and cut into long spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large mixing bowl, combine soup and 2 cans of water until blended; set aside. Slice half of the potatoes and place them in a 12X18X4-inch roasting pan (or other large, deep pan).
- In a large skillet, sauté the pork chops over high heat about 5 minutes, or until nicely browned on both sides. Arrange chops over the potatoes in the pan. Place broccoli spears in the pan around the chops.
- In the same pan that the chops were sautéed, heat the olive oil over high heat, add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in poultry seasoning. Spoon the mixture over the chops and broccoli, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired. Add the soup mixture to the hot skillet. Turn off the heat and scrape up all browned bits from the pan; set aside.
- Slice the remaining potatoes and arrange over all in the pan. Pour the soup mixture over all, scraping all browned bits onto the casserole. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake another 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Sodium: 878 mg
Fat: 21 g
Protein: 61 g
Cholesterol: 139 mg