Pesto Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 medium organic Idaho® russets
- diced red onion
- kalamata olives - crushed
- Pesto Dressing:
- 1/2 bunch organic parsley, washed and thoroughly dried
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- splash of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes. Since they are organic, do not peel; the skin provides nutrients and texture. Slice length-wise and cut into bite sized cubes. Place in a large pot, fill with cold water, just barely covering. Bring to a boil, lowering the fire to medium for a nice simmer. Cook potato cubes till fork tender. Drain and set aside to cool in a large bowl.
- Carefully pick leaves of the half bunch of organic parsley – reserve.
- Toast raw pine nuts in a small frying pan, careful not to burn, just lightly golden all over –reserve
- In a blender or Vitamix, add parsley, toasted pine nuts, garlic cloves and a splash of lemon juice
- Slowly stream in the olive oil until all is emulsified. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the pesto in to the bowl of potatoes. Mix well. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
- Optional additions: Diced red onions for color, capers or crushed kalamata olives for added saltiness. A perfect side for fried chicken, burgers or hot dogs.
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Lan Pham, Angry Asian Creations