Mummified Mashed Idaho® Potatoes
Frighteningly fun, making Mummified Mashed Idaho® Potatoes is a great activity for the kids at a Halloween party. It's a guarantee they'll gobble up these mashed potatoes!
- ½ box (4 cups) instant mashed Idaho® potatoes
- corn husk* (fresh or packaged)
- assorted vegetables
- peas and carrots for eyes
- herbs for eyelashes
- black olive slices for eyebrows
- corn kernels for ears
- sliced radishes and olive halves for shoes
- additional suggestions:
- red, yellow, green bell pepper slices
- sugar snap peas
- green beans
- After preparing instant mashed potatoes according to box directions, let potatoes cool to touch.
- Place opened cornhusk on plate and put on large dollop (approximately ¾ cup) of potatoes in center of husk. Gently mold potatoes into the oblong shape of a mummy.
- Select vegetables to create mummy features and choose approximate location where to place. Carefully press the vegetables into potatoes.
Nutrition facts assume that potatoes are prepared with water and no added fat.