Idaho® Potato Pesto Bites
Beat mid-meal hunger with these nutritional, bite-sized snacks sure to satisfy your appetite.
- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1 8-ounce package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup oil-packed, sun dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- Preheat the oven to 425º. Coat the cups of 3 mini-muffin pans (36 cups) with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, in water to cover, over high heat, cook the potatoes about 15 minutes, or until fork-tender, but not mushy. Drain the potatoes, then mash or put them through a ricer. Stir in the salt and egg; set aside. In a small bowl, using a fork, combine the pesto and softened cream cheese until blended.
- Spoon a rounded tablespoon of potato mixture into each muffin cup, pressing the spoon against the bottom and sides of the cup to make a small impression in the middle. Spoon 1 teaspoon of pesto mixture into the impression of each cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and top each cup with a small amount of chopped tomatoes and one olive slice for garnish. Return to the oven for 3 minutes more. Serve hot or warm.