- 2 cups dehydrated shredded potatoes that have been rehydrated to make 2 cups, OR shred 2 cups (about one large potato) fresh potatoes. Rinse in cold water to remove starch, then drain and pat dry in between paper towels or spin in a salad spinner to remove extra moisture.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican or taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Diced tomatoes, as garnish if desired
- Heat oven to 375° F. Combine potatoes and cheese in medium bowl. Sprinkle with seasoning and toss to mix.
- Divide mixture evenly among four greased 1-cup ramekins or custard cups, pressing against bottoms and halfway up sides of each ramekin. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Break and slip an egg into each potato nest.
- Bake until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with diced tomatoes if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.