Fruity Idaho® Potato Breakfast Squares
These potato-packed breakfast squares will "fill you up, not out!"
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 4 large (9 ounces each) Idaho® potatoes, baked and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit (California Raisins, cranberries, cherries, chopped apricots, etc.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Butter a 7 x 11-inch baking pan. Peel the skin off the cooled potatoes and slice thinly.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange half the sliced potatoes in the buttered pan. Cover potatoes evenly with the dried fruit. Top fruit layer with remaining potato slices.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a separate bowl and pour over potatoes. Place pan of potatoes in a large baking pan (such as a 13 x 9-inch pan) and carefully pour 1/2 inch of boiling water in the larger pan to create a water bath. Cover potatoes with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover potatoes and bake another 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, cut into 6 squares and serve.
Yield: 6 Servings
Sodium: 287 mg
Fat: 4 g
Protein: 12 g
Cholesterol: 144 mg