Idaho® Potatoes with Peppers and Onions
This creative variation of scrambled eggs can be served at breakfast, brunch or lunch. No matter what time of day, Idaho® Potato Breakfast Scramble is light, nutritious and delicious.
- 1 large Idaho® potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- Combine potato, onion and green pepper in a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate. Cover and microwave at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl; beat slightly.
- Pour over potatoes in pie plate. Cover and microwave at HIGH 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Let stand, covered, 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings; 1 cup each
Sodium: 209 mg
Protein: 8 g
Cholesterol: 312 mg