Idaho® Potato Vegetable Casserole Supreme
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) margarine or butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 lbs frozen diced Idaho® potato hash browns, defrosted
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans of condensed cream of chicken or potato soup
- 12 oz grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup cooked mixed vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, peas and broccoli
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter/margarine in a large pan and sauté the onions over medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Place the defrosted hash brown potatoes in a large casserole dish. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter/margarine in a separate bowl in the microwave, and add it to the potatoes. Toss to coat.
- Add sautéed onions, condensed soup, grated cheese, sour cream/Greek yogurt, salt, pepper and cooked vegetables to the potatoes. Mix all ingredients together and distribute them evenly in the casserole dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter/margarine in a separate dish and toss with the breadcrumbs; sprinkle evenly over the potatoes. Bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked thoroughly. Serve warm.