Curried Potato and Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low fat, low sodium chicken stock
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot and whisk in the flour. On medium heat, whisk in the chicken stock. Add the onion, potatoes, broccoli, salt, curry powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Using either a stick blender or regular blender, puree the soup. You can make it completely smooth or leave it a bit chunky. Return to the heat and stir in the milk. Serve hot.