Idaho® Potato Shepherd's Pie
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 4 medium Idaho® Russet Burbank potatoes
- 2 pounds ground or chopped Beef (cooked)
- 6 ounces diced carrots
- 1/4 ounces fresh garlic
- 3 chopped sage leaves
- 1/4 ounces chopped thyme
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 12 ounces beef stock
- 3 ounces celery diced
- 6 ounces onion diced
- 3 ounces leek, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 ounce parsley
- 2 ounces roux
- 3 ounces red wine (Merlot)
- 2 ounces butter
- Peel and boil Idaho potatoes in chicken stock.
- Strain and mash with butter, cream, and salt and pepper to taste
- Let cool at room temperature.
- In a white hot pan add celery carrots, leeks, and onion. Sear for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add olive oil, meat, herbs, and garlic Cook until well done
- Deglaze with wine and add beef stock and parsley.
- Reduce liquid in half.
- Add roux, cool.
- Combine mixture with beef and place in oven proof Ramekins.
- Pipe (pastry bag) potatoes 3/4 inch thick on top of beef mixture.
- Cover completely. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Finish with grated Asiago cheese
Yield: Serves 4 to 6