Roasted Potato Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large Idaho® potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground course pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the orange pepper, red onion, and cubed potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with 3 tbsp olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
- Place the baking into the oven and roast the veggies and potatoes for 30 to 40 minutes (tossing halfway) until golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven and divide the potato and veggies among four bowls.
- In a large Dutch oven preheated to medium high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, Brussels sprout, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp ground pepper. Sauté the Brussels sprout for about three to four minutes. Then add the kale and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Divide the sautéed Brussels sprout and kale among the four bowls with roasted potatoes.
- Next, divide the cooked quinoa and chickpeas among the four bowls.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, maple syrup. lemon juice, and water.
- Pour the dressing over the four bowls and serve.
Sodium: 150 mg
Fat: 6 g
Protein: 7 g