Idaho® Potato Sausage Vegetable Alfredo
- 15 ounce jar prepared light Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups assorted sweet bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 14 ounce smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet with tight fitting lid, whisk together Alfredo sauce, milk, garlic, Italian seasoning and onion powder. Bring mixture to slow boil over medium heat.
- Stir in potatoes. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peppers, mushrooms, cheese and sausage.
- Return to slow boil, reduce to simmer and continue cooking for 10 minutes, until heated through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
Time Saving Tip: Pre-cut peppers, mushrooms, and turkey sausage ahead of time. Store in individual airtight containers up to 2 days before cooking.