Idaho® Potato Picnic Salad
- For the Salad Dressing:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- For the Salad:
- 3 pounds Idaho® potatoes, about 7 medium
- 1/2 pound cooked green beans
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup minced celery, about 1 stalk
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk in the olive oil and set aside.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in the water for about 15 minutes until just fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and cool them immediately under cold running water.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces; halve the cherry tomatoes and quarter the eggs.
- Combine the beans, tomatoes and eggs with the cooked corn and celery in the bowl with the salad dressing.
- Peel the cooled potatoes then cut then into 2-inch pieces and toss them with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the salad with the olives and chopped parsley just before serving.