Idaho® Potato Pancakes with Roasted Corn and Poblano Peppers
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 ounces corn oil, divided
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded, diced into 1-inch sections
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes, peeled, diced into 1-inch sections
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a hot sauté pan, sauté corn in very hot oil, until it begins to caramelize. Add diced pepper and remove from heat.
- Boil potatoes until just tender; drain until dry. In food processor, blend potatoes with yolks, butter, salt, white pepper and milk until mixed. Fold in roasted corn-pepper mixture and cilantro. Chill 1 hour before shaping.
- Shape potato mixture into patties. In a hot sauté pan, brown patties in oil on both sides. Serve hot.
Yield: 6 (yields 12 pancakes; 2 pancakes per serving)
Sodium: 192 mg
Fat: 19 g
Protein: 7 g
Cholesterol: 127 mg
5151 Café & Catering