Grated Zucchini - Idaho® Potato Pancakes with Smoked Salmon and Apricot - Horseradish Sauce
- For Pancake
- 1 large zucchini, grated and squeezed dry
- 1 small Idaho® baking potato
- 3 chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thyme pinch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Remaining Ingredients
- 1/2 pound prepared smoked salmon
- Prepared apricot horseradish
- Apricot Horseradish Sauce
- 2/3 cup prepared horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon dried apricots, minced
- In a medium size bowl, combine the zucchini, potato, green onions, flour, egg, egg white, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Coat a medium size skillet with cooking spray. Melt the margarine in the skillet over moderate heat. Add the zucchini mixture, shaping it into a cake with a ladle, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Coat uncooked side with spray. Turn the cake over and cook for 1 minute.
- To serve, cut the cake into quarters. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the horseradish sauce on each quarter, then top with a generous amount of the smoked salmon.
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate.