Idaho® Potato, Carrot, and Zucchini Pancakes
- 2 Idaho® potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1/2 onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 2-4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped fine
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped fine
- Corn or vegetable oil as needed
- Grate Idaho® potatoes, the green part of the zucchini, the carrot, and onion into a bowl with the large side of the box grater.
- Carefully squeeze the mixture into a new bowl, reserving the liquid in the original bowl. Let it for sit 10 minutes.
- Let the potato water sit until the starch settles to the bottom. Pour off water and add starch to mixture.
- Add egg, yolk, herbs, red chili pepper, and seasonings to the potatoes.
- Add enough corn starch that when it is squeezed together in will just hold a disk shape.
- Form nice flat disk shapes about a 1/4" thick and 1 1/2" across.
- Heat a large sauté pan and then add enough oil to come half way up the potato cakes. Turn the flame to medium and let the oil get hot and then carefully place the cake in the pan, place them in away from you. Let them brown and then turn over to brown the other side. If they are not cooked all the way through, place in hot oven to finish cooking.