Saffron Scented Potato Medallions with Lobster and Passion Fruit Vinaigrette
- Passion Fruit Vinaigrette:
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallots
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup finely diced, washed leeks (white part only)
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1/4 cup finely diced kalamata olives (pitted)
- 6 Idaho Russet Burbank potatoes (80 count)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1.5 lb lobster meat (mostly claws)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor, process all vinaigrette ingredients at high speed for 1 minute, set aside.
- Place the leeks in 350 degree hot vegetable oil and fry for 1 minute, place in paper towel and set aside.
- Peel potatoes and place aside, Place chicken stock and saffron in a 2 qt saucepan and bring to boil, boil potatoes for 7 minutes until fork tender but not to soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter in a hot large skillet, place the lobster meat, garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook lobster meat for 4 minutes at medium heat. Keep warm for later plating.
- Remove potatoes from the hot liquid and slice into 1 inch slices, place 2 or 3 slices of saffron potatoes in each of 6 plates followed by 3 or 4 oz of lobster meat and 1 tablespoon or small mound of fried leeks, garnish each plate with 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette and sprinkle a few kalamata olives.