Idaho® Potato Breakfast Stacks
- 2 medium Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled
- 4 slices Canadian style bacon
- 4 whole eggs
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 5 tablespoons Country Crock original spread
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wash, peel and slice potatoes into 1/4" slices.
- Melt 3 tablespoons Country Crock original spread and toss with potatoes. Place potato slices on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt remaining 2 tablespoons Country Crock spread. Add fresh spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and place into a covered bowl to keep warm.
- Add Canadian bacon to pan and cook about 2 minutes each side, until just starting to turn lightly golden. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- To make hollandaise: Add water to a double boiler and bring to a full boil, then reduce to a simmer. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice briskly in a stainless steel bowl until thickened and doubled in volume. Place yolk mixture in the double boiler and continue to whisk rapidly until mixture thickens. Slowly drizzle in melted butter while continuing to whisk until sauce is doubled in volume. Remove from heat and stir in Dijon and cayenne pepper.
- To poach eggs: Fill a pot with a few inches of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat until water is at a low boil, with only a few bubbles coming to the top. Crack an egg into a small ramekin or dish and gently slide the egg into the pot. Repeat this for remaining 3 eggs. Immediately cover with a lid, turn off the heat and set a timer for 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully lift the eggs, one by one, from the water and place onto a plate.
- To assemble stacks: Place a slice of Canadian bacon on a plate, then add 1 slice of potato, then a heaping spoonful of spinach, a third slice of potato and top with a poached egg and 1 tablespoon hollandaise sauce. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.