Idaho® Fingerlings with Whipped Goat Cheese and Crisp Pancetta
- 1 package pancetta (1/2 pound bacon can be used), rendered and crumbled
- 20 Idaho Fingerlings
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces heavy whipping cream
- To taste salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons chives, fresh
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, fresh
- 3 tablespoons oregano, fresh
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Use the grease from the rendered pancetta or bacon to coat the potatoes.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and bake until tender, about 20 minutes
- When potatoes have cooled slightly use a melon baller to take out a bit of the potato at the top of your potato.
- Top with a dollop of the whipped goat cheese and sprinkle with rendered pancetta.
- In a food processor add goat cheese and cream cheese.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Slowly add olive oil and whipping cream.
- Season with salt and pepper and herbs pulse until thoroughly combined.
(Recipe Photo Contest Winner)