Healthier Funeral Idaho® Potatoes
If you love cheesy potatoes, this recipe is a fun Mexican twist on the famous Funeral Potatoes, and its gluten free to boot! This recipe for funeral potatoes is perfect for a party or brunch.
- 4 potatoes large Idaho® potatoes
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup scallions
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt plain
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Hatch chiles (These are optional, you can also use less if you don't like spicy)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/3 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees.
- Use a food processor to shred 4 large potatoes.
- In a large 12 inch cast iron skillet, add oil, onion, pepper, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add scallion and hatch chiles and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add shredded potato to a large bowl, add yogurt, cheeses, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Add the potato mixture to the skillet.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot.