Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- 6 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup real bacon cooked and diced
- 1 1/2 cup dry-toasted panko breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- Place the mashed potatoes in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the egg whites, cheese, onions and bacon bits.
- Shape into 1-inch balls or put it a pastry bag and pipe into 3 1/2inch sticks then roll in breadcrumbs. Let stand for 30 minutes in the freezer.
- In deep fat fryer set to 375°F, fry potato balls, a few at a time, for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with jalapeno pepper jelly