Curried Shrimp Topping
- 4 large Idaho Potatoes, baked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup golden California Raisins
- 1 tablespoon orange-all fruit spread or orange marmalade
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely diced cucumber, optional
- 1 tablespoons freshly chopped mint or cilantro, optional
- In a medium nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, celery, pepper and garlic; sauté until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder; cook 1 more minute. Add broth, raisins and fruit spread. Bring to boil and reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine half-and-half with cornstarch and salt; stir into shrimp mixture in skillet. Cook 2 minutes more, or until mixture boils and sauce thickens.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise, cutting almost to the base of potato. Mash slightly with fork, leaving in skins. Spoon curried shrimp over each potato, dividing evenly. Garnish with cucumber and mint.