Bubble and Squeak Fritters
- 2 Idaho® baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream for topping
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender. Add one tablespoon of the butter and mash.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to a large skillet along with the shredded cabbage and carrots. Sauté for about 5 minutes until slightly wilted.
- Add the sautéed cabbage and carrots to the mashed potatoes along with the cheese and flour. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then add the egg and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form 3 ounces (approx.) patties and fry in a skillet for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. You can also bake these in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes on each side. Serve with sour cream, if desired.