Coconut Lime Potatoes Anna
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ¼ pounds Idaho® Yukon Gold potatoes (about 9 potatoes), peeled and cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, 1 tablespoon of finely grated lime zest, and ½ tablespoon of kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Brush the bottom of an 8-inch cast-iron skillet with 1½ tablespoons of the melted butter. Arrange a layer of slightly overlapping potato slices in a circular pattern in the bottom of the skillet. Brush the potatoes with about ½ a tablespoon of the melted butter, then sprinkle the potatoes with about ½ tablespoon of the coconut mixture.
- Repeat the same layers 4 more times, ending with the coconut mixture. Press the potatoes down firmly to pack them together. Then cook them briefly on the stove over high heat until the butter in the pan begins to sizzle, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Then remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Loosen the edges with a spatula or knife. Place a plate upside down on top of the skillet, then invert the potatoes onto the plate. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lime juice over the top of the potato cake while it is still hot.
- Toast the 2 teaspoons of shredded unsweetened coconut in a small skillet over medium heat until the coconut is golden brown. Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the top of the potato cake and let the potato cake cool for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Yield: 6 servings