Ragin’ Chili Cheese Fries
This is a revamped recipe from our Russet Recipe Rescue Contest, originally submitted by Jeremy Gaza.
- 4 Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- one 15-ounce can vegetarian chili
- ½ cup garlic-and-herb light cheese spread (such as Alouette or Rondele)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut each potato into eight lengthwise wedges. Place potatoes in an ungreased baking pan. Spray potatoes evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake 20 minutes. Remove potatoes from the oven, turn them over using a spatula, and return the potatoes to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until golden.
- About 10 minutes before potatoes are done, pour chili into a small bowl and microwave until warm. Then place cheese in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
- Place fries on a platter, top with the warmed chili and softened cheese, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Yield: 3 servings