Artichoke Dauphinoise Potatoes
- 3 pounds Idaho® Russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 each whole egg
- 2 cups artichoke heart, canned, drained, roughly chopped
- 1 1/3 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice (2 whole lemons)
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray steamtable pan with pan release.
- Thinly slice peeled potatoes and place in cold water.
- In a large bowl mix together cream, eggs, artichokes, 1 cup parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes toss to mix completely. Pour into greased pan. Cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle top with remaining 1/3 cup Parmesan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Or cool, cover, chill and reheat.
- Variation: Dauphinoise may be made in individual timbals. Grate potatoes instead of slicing. Place 1/2 cup mixture in 8 ounce mold and bake 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cooked. Cool slightly, unmold, sprinkle with cheese and broil before serving.
Yield: 12 servings