Provençal Idaho® Fingerling Potato Salad
- 1 pound of Idaho® fingerling potatoes, cut lengthwise
- ⅓ cup of chicken stock
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon anchovies, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, roughly chopped
- 1/4 pound French beans, topped and tailed
- 1 bay leaf
- small bundle of Thyme
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- Whisk the chicken stock, wine, herbs, vinegar, capers, anchovies, salt, pepper and garlic together and then slowly add the oil. Whisk again and then set aside while you prepare the salad.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water with a bay leaf and thyme until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and discard the herbs.
- Cut warm potatoes lengthwise in half and add to a large mixing bowl. Add half the dressing and toss them gently to evenly coat them. Allow them to rest while you prepare the beans.
- Add the beans to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until firm, but tender. Drain, and allow them to cool to room temperature before adding them to the potatoes.
- Add the remaining dressing to the bowl of potatoes and beans, gently toss and serve.