- 3 cups spinach and potato filling (recipe to follow)
- 24 each dough circles (recipe to follow)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup lemon marmalade (recipe to follow)
- 4 tablespoons dill, chopped
Dough Circles (Yield 1 pound):
- 1 each egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups plus as needed all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cold, cubed
Spinach and Potato Filling (Yield 3 cups):
- 1 1/4 pound Idaho® yellow potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces each
- 4 cups water, cold
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 each white onion, small dice
- 8 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Lemon Marmalade (Yield 1 1/2 cup):
- 5 each lemons, washed well
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place level tablespoon of spinach and potato filling into center of each dough circle. Fold dough into half-moon shape and, using finger, press edges together firmly to seal. Gently transfer to boiling water for 3 minutes, then remove from pot.
- Melt butter in a large saute pan until frothy. Using a slotted spoon, add dumplings in a single layer. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until light golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Spread 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup marmalade across center of each serving plate. Top with 6 dumplings, garnish with dill and serve.
- Combine egg and sour cream in a small mixing bowl and reserve. Place flour and salt in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Set to low speed, add butter cubes, individually, until small clumps begin to form, approximately 2 minutes. Stop mixer. Add egg and sour cream mixture. Set mixer to low speed and combine dough until crumbly and just incorporated. Transfer dough to a clean work surface and knead into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round, cut to circles. Reserve, refrigerated.
Spinach and Potato Filling:
- Place potatoes, water and 1 teaspoon salt in a small saucepot over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender. Drain. Cool slightly, then grate using large holes of box grater. Reserve.
- In large saute pan over medium-high heat, brown onions in olive oil, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into colander. Drain and cool for 30 minutes, applying occasional pressure with hands. Transfer to mixing bowl. Add potato, Feta cheese and remaining salt. Mix gently to combine. Reserve.
- Using a peeler, remove lemon peels. Thinly slice and place in a small saucepot. Cut off ends of lemons, remove and discard pith. Cut to 1/2-inch pieces, discard seeds. In a medium-sized sauce pot, combine all ingredients. Stir to dissolve sugar then bring to boil over medium heat, approximately 5 minutes. Reduce heat slightly, simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until marmalade is thick and glossy. Remove from heat and transfer to container to cool. Reserve, refrigerated.