- 3/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled, pureed
- Ghee, as needed
- 2 Idaho® potatoes, cut into small dice
- 2 carrots, cut into small dice
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 2 Anaheim green chilies, roasted, peeled, small dice
- 2 tablespoons Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 2 Idaho® potatoes, medium dice, boiled, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 6 pretzel or onion roll, buttered, toasted
- Mango chutney, as needed
- Cilantro, chopped, as needed
- Curried fries, as needed
- 9 ounces Idaho® potatoes, cut into shoestrings
- Sea salt, as needed
- Curry powder, as needed
- Saute onions, garlic and ginger in ghee until onions are browned.
- Add diced potatoes, carrots and peas to pan and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potato mixture from heat and add chilies, garam masala, mustard, cumin, salt and pepper. Reserve, refrigerated, until cool.
- Combine potato mixture with mashed potato and eggs and form into 6-ounce patties. Place o na sheet tray, covered in plastic, and refrigerate until firm.
- Dredge patties in flour and fry in ghee until golden brown on both sides.
- Place burgers on toasted buns, smother with mango chutney and garnish with cilantro. Serve with curried fries.
- Deep-fry shoestring potatoes in 360°F oil until golden brown, then drain, toss with salt and curry powder. Serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Cr8tive Kitchen Works, LLC.