Manchego Cheese Idaho® Potato Croquettes
- 4 large Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- Salted water as needed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted, melted butter
- 1/4 cup heated heavy cream
- 5 oz. pancetta, finely diced, browned in oven
- 3/4 cup grated Manchego cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 cup panko
- Vegetable oil as needed.
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Drain potatoes and run through ricer. Blend in butter, cream, pancetta, 1/4 cup cheese and salt and pepper to taste. In a bowl, whisk 2 eggs; blend into potato mixture. Set aside and let cool. Form into 8 to 10 3- to 4-oz. ovals. Divide remaining Manchego cheese into 8 to 10 portions and stuff into center of ovals to form croquettes. Whisk remaining 3 eggs in a bowl. In separate bowls, place flour and panko. Bread each croquette: dip first in flour, then in egg and then in panko. Deep fry croquettes in vegetable oil at 350°F until deep golden brown. Serve warm.