Maine Lobster with Lobster-Stuffed Potato and Saffron-Scented Lobster Vinaigrette
- 2 each live lobster
- 2 each very small ldaho potatoes.
- 3/4 cup very reduced lobster stock
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ea leek
- 4 ea medium cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 tablespoons small diced red onions
- 1 tablespoons fine rondels of chive
- 3/4 lb butter
- Combine half the lobster stock, half the oil and vinegar with the Dijon mustard.
- Boil the lobsters in salted water 4 1,4 minutes, remove and shock in ice water for one minute.
- Shell the lobster, add the creamy parts to the remaining lobster stock.
- Reserve the tail (trimmed), split length wise.
- Dice the elbow claw and trimmed tail meat.
- Poke oil and bake the potato on salt.
- Finely dice the leek and mushroom, sauté in a touch of oil.
- Remove the potato, leave the base by cutting off 1/4" from the bottom, cut the same on the top.
- Scoop out the flesh, mash with the butter and stock, add the lobster meat, mushrooms, leek, onions, and chive.
- Fill the potato again, it should be buttery.
- Sauce the plate, place the potato above center garnish with the two pieces of tail warmed in the olive oil and serve