Jalapeno Scallop Potatoes
- 6 med Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled & sliced 1/16 inch thick
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Jalapeno peppers, roasted, peeled and finely julienned to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Lay potatoes into the pan, creating layers.
- Lightly season each layer with salt and pepper.
- After third layer, sprinkle on cheese and arrange peppers on top.
- Continue to layer potatoes until they are all used.
- Pour milk and cream over the potatoes.
- Lightly season again with salt and pepper
- Bake casserole in pre-heated oven for 2 hours covered, and then for 20 minutes uncovered. The top of the casserole should be golden brown when done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6-8 portions