Instant Pot Spicy Idaho® Potato Mint Pulav
Spicy Idaho® Potato Mint Pulav is a simple rice dish made with fresh mint and Idaho® potatoes. And it's quick and easy to make in an instant pot!
Ready Priya's full post here.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 onion
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 green chiles
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4-5 peppercorns
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup edamame or green peas
- 3 Idaho® russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Rinse basmati under running water 2-3 times and then soak in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To prepare the masala base place mint leaves, coconut, onion, garlic, ginger paste and green chiles in blender. Blend with a little water to make a purée.
- Select sauté mode on your instant pot. Add ghee and once it's hot add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves and peppercorns.
- Sauté for 45 seconds and then add chopped cilantro, edamame or peas and cook for another minute.
- Add the masala and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, turmeric powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well and add the drained rice, water and salt. Mix well.
- Put lid on instant pot and cook on high pressure in manual mode for 8 minutes. Let it naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes and then open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Adjust salt to taste and garnish with mint leaves and serve hot.