Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes with Bacon-Bourbon Shrimp
- 1 pound Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes, scrubbed, cut into large chunks
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- oil for frying
- Over medium high heat, boil the potatoes until just tender. Drain well, set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp, garlic, olive oil, salt and smoked paprika. Marinate the shrimp for at least one hour to overnight.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the skillet, drain well and reserve.
- Drain all but a tablespoon of fat from the pan.
- Add the marinated shrimp to skillet cook 1 - 2 minutes, until they are almost pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add the reserved bacon and bourbon to the pan, cook additional 2 - 3 minutes, until shrimp are pink and the bourbon has reduced and thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a medium pot to cover the potatoes, or if you have a deep fryer follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add a few pieces of the Idaho® Yukon Gold Potatoes to the oil. Fry the potatoes until lightly golden brown and crispy.
- Place the potatoes onto a serving platter, and then spoon the Bacon-Bourbon Shrimp over the top.