Idaho® Potato Pancake Short Stack
- 2 large Idaho® russet potatoes, peeled
- 3 medium shallots, peeled
- 1 large egg
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for sautéing
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, each sliced into 6 slices (1/4-in. thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 12 slices (1/4-in. thick)
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup micro greens
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar, boiled until reduced to 1 cup
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In food processor, combine potatoes and shallots. Process using grater attachment until potatoes are grated and mixed well.
- Transfer grated-potato mixture to medium bowl. Add egg; mix well. Stir in salt and pepper.
- In large, nonstick sauté pan, heat olive oil. Working in batches, spoon 2 heaping tablespoons potato mixture into pan for each pancake. Press gently to flatten into circles (2-in. to 2 1/2-in. diameter). Cook over medium-high heat, turning several times, until pancakes are golden-brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- On 8-in. plate, layer potato pancake, tomato slice, mozzarella slice, prosciutto slice; repeat once.
- Top with micro greens and chives. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish with red-onion slices.