Idaho® Potato-Caraway Waffle
- 2 large potatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 50 gram AP flour (sifted)
- 50 gram grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped caraway seeds
- Club soda -as needed
- small piece bacon rind
- Boil potatoes in water until done.drain, and peel. Press through a ricer.
- With a electric hand -beater mix mashed potatoes with eggs, flour, parmesan and caraway until you have a thick dough. Add a little club soda and blend until you have a slightly running batter, like a thick pancake batter
- Preheat the waffle iron, rub with the fat-side of the bacon rind. Add the batter and bake to a golden brown. After each waffle rub the iron with the bacon rind before making another.
- Serve the waffle immediately.
- Great if served with a strong dark beer.