Idaho® Potato Cheesy Ale & Cheddar Colcannon
- 6 (80-count) Idaho® Potatoes
- 1/4 lb. smoked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, julienned
- 1/4 lb. butter
- 1 cup half & half
- 8 oz. Wisconsin smoked cheddar, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 6 oz. ale
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and place in boiling water until potatoes are soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, dice the bacon into 1/8-inch pieces and cook in a sauté pan until crispy. Add the julienned cabbage. Cook until cabbage has become soft.
- Drain the potatoes. In a mixing bowl, mash potatoes and add butter, half & half, cheese and green onions. Fold in the ale, as well as the bacon/cabbage mixture.
- Garnish with 2 rosemary sprigs.
Yield: 4 servings
Sodium: 736 mg
Fat: 52 g
Protein: 23 g
Cholesterol: 150 mg