Idaho® Potato Banana Split
- 1 Idaho® potato
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled
- 2 small scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 small scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 small scoops strawberry ice cream
- whipped cream, to taste
- chocolate sauce, to taste
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Prick potato in several spots and bake on a cookie sheet until skin begins to crisp and potato has a little give when squeezed, about 40 minutes.
- Cool until the potato is comfortable to touch. Cut potato in half lengthwise and scoop out insides, leaving about ¼ inch of potato on each half.
- Mix melted butter and sugar in a small bowl and brush onto the outside and inside of each potato skin.
- Return potato skins to the baking sheet and bake for five minutes. Flip potato skins over and bake for five additional minutes.
- Cut banana in half and then slice each piece in half, lengthwise. Put two pieces of banana into each potato skin.
- Top bananas with one scoop of each flavor of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry on top of each scoop.
- Serve immediately.