Idaho® Potato and Zucchini Salad
- 2 pounds Idaho® potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (or Tabasco works great too)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- ¾ cup red onion, sliced vertically
- ¾ cup zucchini or yellow squash, diced
- 1 avocado, diced, optional
- 1 cup tomato, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Place potatoes and corn on a foil covered cookie sheet or jellyroll pan. Drizzle vegetables with 1-tablespoon olive oil. Roast veggies for 30 minutes in the oven or until veggies are cooked and tender. Place potato mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl place cilantro, vinegar, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, pepper and remaining olive oil. Whisk ingredients together.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place on medium heat. Add the onions and zucchini or squash and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini and onion mixture to the potato and corn mixture. Add dressing and toss gently to mix it all together. Top with tomato and avocado if desired.