Idaho® Potato and Smoked Salmon Terrine
- 5 large Idaho® potatoes
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- Line a terrine mold with plastic film. Cook potatoes in well salted water, or in chicken stock. Cool slightly, peel and chop coarsely. Then, let them cool thoroughly.
- Mix in cream, chives, and black peppercorns, salt to taste.
- Starting and ending with the potato mixture, alternate layers of the potato mixture and the smoked salmon.
- Cover with plastic film and place a weight on top (about 5 pounds) and chill for 3 hours or more.
- Invert onto cutting board. Using electric knife or slicer, cut into 1/4 -1/2 inch slices.
- Serve with sauce of your choice (e.g. sauce grebiche, sauce aurore, creamy Roquefort vinaigrette).