Idaho® Potato and Kohlrabi Gratin
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup garlic, minced
- 10 Idaho® Russet potatoes, skin on, cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 12 bulbs green kohlrabi, peeled, cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 4 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium saucepot, bring cream, butter and garlic to a boil. Set aside.
- Line an 8 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray or use butter and flour to season the pan. Start by shingling the potatoes in a single layer. Next, shingle the kohlrabi on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Pour 1 cup cream and butter mixture on top of the cheese and gently push down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue this process until all ingredients are used.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until potatoes are fork-tender. Let the gratin cool down for 15 minutes in the pan. Cut into desired shape or serve straight out of the pan while hot.