Idaho® Potato Chocolate Truffles
- 1 lb Idaho® Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sweet milk chocolate (chopped up or chocolate kisses)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- cocoa powder and/or powdered sugar
- Cook the potatoes in enough water until they are soft, then drain. While they are hot mash them up or pass them through a ricer.
- Add the butter, whipping cream and very small pinch of salt. Put into a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the chocolate on a Bain-marie (or double boiler). When melted, remove from heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Add the melted chocolate to the warm mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Shape little balls (1/2 oz each) by rolling them between your hands, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll potato balls in either cocoa powder or powdered sugar.